Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mini-Moms, by Jessica Lugo

Where do I begin?! Being a Mini-Mom isn’t so bad, if you don’t include screaming babies, arguing boys, nobody listening to you….ect. Well, you get the picture.

I am the middle child of 5 yet the oldest. 2 blood siblings that are younger than me and 2 step-siblings that are older than me. The 2 younger ones always bicker and the 2 older ones don't live here all the time so they don't have chores and stuff.

My blood siblings are both boys. One is 4, the other one is 12. The 12 year old is a technical freak, an arguer, and annoying. He will find something to argue about and find something to correct. It makes my brain hurt. The 4 year old is a beater, a runner, and a repeater. If you say something bad, like a cuss word, he’ll say it! We all think it’s pretty funny, but we get in trouble for laughing because he gets in trouble for saying it.

When the steps come over, it’s war time……

“I call the computer and the quiet room tonight!”
“No the girls already called it, you fart heads.”
“What’d you call me?”
“A fart head. I could have called you a retard.”
“I dare you.”
“Retard.”

You get the picture…….

Most of the time, I’m a babysitter and housekeeper, but I get a break every now and then. It’s actually not as easy as it looks. You have to wipe noses and butts, feed everyone, yell at the baby, be ignored, and lose your voice. Us Mini-Moms get blamed for everything!!!! The baby doesn’t eat, “You need to feed him more!” The whole nine and a half yards more. Why couldn’t Mom have hired a baby-sit- wait……she did! She either quit or was too expensive!

I’m afraid to leave or, trust me, I would. I’m afraid the house will burn down or a boy will get hit by a car. I’m also scared to think of what else would happen.

We Mini-Moms also never get any privacy. I haven’t been able to go to the bathroom alone in forever!! That sounds really bad doesn’t it? I haven’t slept without the baby in 3 years! That’s how old Daniel is isn’t it? I haven’t showered alone in 3 years either……

This house is wacked. I can’t wait to move out. I might show my mom some mercy and take her with me when I go. NOT!!

No comments: